Welcome to Whim Wham's Craft Blog!

I love to craft, sew, knit, crochet, needle felt...ect. Unfortunately, no one around me shares this passion. So, I am branching out into cyber world, hoping to connect with a few crazy...I mean crafty people like me. Enjoy! :)







Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Buried Under the Rubble

What happened...I blacked out!  Who abandons their blog for over 6 months?  Apparently I do!  I wish I had some fabulous excuse for my absence, however none of them are good enough.
It all started when we had to make the choice to tear our building down.  I was pretty busy emptying it out for quite some time.  It was not an easy decision to demo it, but the cost of fixing the damage was more than tearing it down.  It was a really difficult to watch something so old and beautiful be destroyed, but we were out of options.  The building was built in the late 1800's and went down with quite a bang.  For weeks we filled a semi trailer full of all the contents in the building that my dad had collected over the last 25 years.  My sister and I thought the semi trailer parked in front of the building was the one containing all of his things, so when the whole front of the building fell down unexpectedly crushing and flipping the trailer, you can imagine our surprise (which explains my sister's swearing in the video).  Luckily no one was hurt, but here is a video of the building falling down not as we planned.



I guess when the building fell, my blog got buried with it.  I got so wrapped up in it, that everything else kinda took the back burner and I just never found my way back.  I have really missed blogging though and hope to get back to posting on a more regular basis again.  I have done quite a bit of crafting over the months and have plenty of projects to share.
So once again, I apologize for the abandonment and hope to bring you some more fun projects and patterns here soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to tell me what you think or ask any questions. Your comments are always appreciated. I do ask however, that you please keep them appropriate and non-offensive.
Help keep this a happy place! Thank you ☺

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blogging tips