Welcome to Whim Wham's Craft Blog!

I love to craft, sew, knit, crochet, needle felt...ect. Unfortunately, no one around me shares this passion. So, I am branching out into cyber world, hoping to connect with a few crazy...I mean crafty people like me. Enjoy! :)







Friday, March 12, 2010

Picture Pie for Paper Craft and Applique


Ed Emberley's Picture Pie (Ed Emberley Drawing Books)Ed Emberley has a lot of really cute "how to draw" books for kids, so I went to Amazon to get my daughter one the other day.  Well ...while I was looking through them, I saw these neat Picture Pie books. I thought that they would be really cool to use in making appliques (and for paper applique as well). 
Ed Emberley's Picture Pie TwoI think this would be a great way to use up those fabric scraps. I think I am going to cut up a bunch of the shapes from random fabric scraps, and keep them on hand for various projects.  It will be interesting and fun to see what kinds of animals and things Cora and I can come up with.  I always like to involve kids in projects, when I can.  This would be a great one to keep them playing, learning and occupied, while you sew or create something too!
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Faces (REPACKAGED) (Ed Emberley Drawing Books)I did end up get a drawing book for Cora too (since the Picture Pie books were technically more for me than her).  I got her a book on how to draw faces.  She is 5 years old, and seemed to have no problems drawing any of these faces.  The drawings are broken down into very simple steps of how to recreate the face you want. We both have had a lot of fun with this book, and she was so proud of herself after completing new works of art.  I think it has really given her a lot of confidence in her ability to draw new things too. 
Cora's magnadoodle board is getting some serious use the last couple of days, and now that school's out, I'm pretty sure I know what we'll be doing tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to tell me what you think or ask any questions. Your comments are always appreciated. I do ask however, that you please keep them appropriate and non-offensive.
Help keep this a happy place! Thank you ☺

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blogging tips